Tour de France Final Week bike tour
Picture yourself at the Tour de France seeing the best stages up close, cycling the iconic mountain passes, and enjoying the Trip of a Lifetime!
Traveling in large groups and feeling exhausted all the time is not what we are about at Gourmet Cycling Travel. Our smaller groups and manageable ride distances mean that you still have the time and energy to fully enjoy your trip both on and off the bike.
Are you concerned that your non cycling partner may be bored on a cycling tour? At Gourmet Cycling Travel we cater equally to both cyclists and non cyclists. Cyclists go on epic rides while non cyclists enjoy their own activities like beautiful mountain hikes, local market visits, cheese, olive, chocolate tastings and more. We all regroup late afternoon for wine tastings, social time, and gourmet dinners.
We invite you to travel with us in 2019 on our signature TdF Final Week Bike Tour!
2018 Trip Highlights (2019 details announced soon)
- Ride the best stretches of two mountain stages and up the decider mountain pass, packed with Tour fans, just a few hours before the race arrives.
- Conquer the legendary climbs Col du Tourmalet, Col d’Aubisque, Col du Portillon, and the Col de Peyresourde!
- Experience the electric atmosphere of the big mountain stages.
- See the final time trial up close and personal.
- Enjoy the final stage overlooking the race from our historic apartment balcony boasting the best views in Paris.
- This trip is lead by former pros and top coach Simon Kessler plus gourmet chef Jon Chiri leading the non cycling activities.
- Non cyclist activities include mountain hikes, market visits, cheese, chocolate, wine tastings and more.
- Rides typically range between 40-65 miles and on mountain days between 5,000-7,000 feet of climbing. We typically do not go over 7,000 feet of climbing on a big ride.
There is limited space so book now and don’t miss out on this incredible Tour de France experience!